Computer & Study Room Availability
For computer availability throughout Avery Hill campus, click here.
For Group Study Room availability, go to the Portal and click on Timetables, then Rooms.
To book a Group Study Room, click here.
- eduroam - University of Greenwich students and staff should login to eduroam by entering your username followed by @gre.ac.uk and your network password. Staff and students from other universities should log-in using their own account and associated password; if in doubt, please contact your IT support teams. If your password has changed since the last time you accessed the Wi-Fi, you should forget the network and connect again. For access instructions for your device, click here.
- govroam - Individuals employed by participating health, local government and blue light organisations can connect by entering their corresponding network log-in credentials.
- Guest WiFi - Other users can connect to our visitor network, which is only available in selected areas. Please note this is an unsecured, public network owned, operated and supported by Sky.
Specialist Applications & Software
A number of computers have specialist applications and software installed; you can check what your Faculty provides by clicking here. If you are having difficulty in accessing a program listed, please contact the IT Service Desk in the first instance.
Your Faculty may have specific computer labs that have specialist software you require. If you are having difficulty in accessing a program within one of these labs, please contact your Faculty in the first instance.
Personal Device Availability (i.e. Laptops)
At Mansion Site Library, there are 17 laptops available for use throughout the building. They are available to borrow via the Welcome Desk, during staffed hours. They may be loaned for up to four hours at a time.
Please note that the Library does not loan personal devices, with the exception of laptops borrowed for use within the Library (these laptops cannot be removed from the Library).
Downloadable Applications & Software
As a Greenwich student, you are able to download for free certain software; please see below.
- SPSS (IBM) - Statistical analysis software that can be installed on to your device, either by disc or USB. Discs can be collected from the Mansion Lab Desk, during staffed hours only. Alternatively, the software can be installed directly on to your device using the licensed USB; please ask at the Mansion Lab Desk, during staffed hours only.
- Office 365 (Microsoft) - Includes Word, Excel; PowerPoint, Outlook; OneNote, Publisher and Cloud support through OneDrive. This software can be downloaded a maximum of ten times; five Mac or PC downloads and five mobile devices. To login, enter your firstname.lastname@example.org (i.e. email@example.com), with your University password. The software will be available to you for the duration of your studies. For further information and access instructions for your device, click here (students) or here (staff).
Email: IT Service Desk - firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit: Mansion Site - Mansion Lab Desk, currently open from;
Monday to Friday - 09:00 until 17:00
Please note that the desk is closed on Saturdays and Sundays throughout the year.
Copying, Printing & Scanning on Avery Hill Campus
Looking to copy, print or scan? There are multiple facilities throughout Avery Hill Campus. Please view under Campus Computing Study Space for facilities per study area; there are further printing facilities available in Mansion Site Library within the Green Room, North Hall and off the Marble Hall (opposite the Welcome Desk).
If you are printing from either Mac or your own device, you will need to use the Web Print link. For PC users, the printers are linked to all PCs by default.
Top-Up Your Print Credit
To print, you will need to have print credit. This can be added to your student card using the top-up money loaders situated at;
||Number of money loaders available
|Mansion Site Library
||Ground Floor - Marble Hall
||Ground Floor - Quiet Zone
Please note that the print credit machines do not give change; please ensure that you have the exact funds to top-up.
You can additionally top-up your print credit online by card here. Information and FAQs pertaining to this service may be found here.
What do you think?
We are continually looking to improve our LibGuides. If you feel there is something that would be useful here, please let us know by contacting us via the following address: sws-UserservicesTeam@greenwich.ac.uk.
This address is only for sending your comments and suggestions. If you require IT help, please contact us through the details provided at the top of the page.
© University of Greenwich | FOI | Privacy and cookies | Legal | Terms & conditions | Accessibility