Skip to main content
Use LibrarySearch to find books, journal articles, eBooks and much more.
- Type in key words, the name of an author, or the title of a book.
- LibrarySearch will show you a list of results related to your search.
- Scroll and click on a title of a book, to see if it is available.
- If there are available copies, make a note of the shelfmark. A book's shelfmark is a collection of numbers and letters and it is like a postcode; it will tell you where the book lives in the library.
To access individual electronic resources, log into the university portal, select the My Learning page and then the Online databases and academic journals link in the Search the Library portlet.
To search across all resources, enter your keywords in the Quick LibrarySearch box.
For more information regarding electronic resources, click here.
Locate your books on the shelf
- Once you have your shelfmark and have found which floor/zone your book is located it is time to find it on the shelf.
- All of the shelf ends are clearly labelled.
- The numbers on the signs state where the book stock begins on that particular bay and where it finishes. So if you are looking for a shelfmark beginning with 800 you know it would be on this bay of shelving.
Can't find your book?
There are a number of ways to access resources.
- If the item you are looking for is stocked at another campus library please reserve the item to collect from your chosen campus.
- If there are no available copies due to them being out on loan, please reserve the item so that as soon as the current user returns the book you will be able to collect it from your chosen campus.
- To reserve a copy of your chosen book please follow the link via the LibrarySearch.
- You may want to check if there is an available ebook copy.
- If the library does not stock the item you need, you may order it through the Document Delivery service.
Find out more about how to access ebooks.
Access Document Delivery forms and learn more about this service.
© University of Greenwich | FOI | Privacy and cookies | Legal | Terms & conditions