Skip to Main Content

Library Guides

decorative image


Information about transitional journals agreements at the university.

What you need to know

Due to the complexity of the way different systems work across the university, there are times when you need to access specific services using either your student or staff credentials. The most common uses​ are listed below.

I need to... Use
Access campus libraries  Your STUDENT Greenwich Gateway Card
Borrow items from the libraries Your STUDENT Greenwich Gateway Card
Access Stockwell Street Library PhD room 10_3005  Your STUDENT Greenwich Gateway Card 
Login to PhD Room PCs  Your STAFF login credentials
Release print jobs from MFDs with STAFF card Your STAFF Greenwich Gateway Card 
Login to LibrarySearch  Your STUDENT login credentials
Login to your Library Account Your STUDENT login credentials
Access email via Microsoft Outlook Exchange Your STAFF login credentials

Accessing Stockwell Street Library PhD room 10_3005 

If you find that you do not have access to the PhD Room in Stockwell Street Library please contact the SWS User Services Team by providing details of your name and student User ID by email to:

To log into the PCs in the PhD Room in Stockwell Street ensure you enter staff\UserID in the username and field and staff password to login successfully.


Document Delivery Requests

To make Document Delivery requests, you need to log in to both the PC, portal and My Library account with your student User ID.

Note: All users have to log in to the PC and portal with your User ID in lower case letters. Do not use upper case letters. If you log in to the PC with your User ID in upper case letters you will be able to get in to the portal but when you select the My Library account link or the Document Delivery  Request form link in LibrarySearch an error message will be generated preventing you from viewing or completing the form.


Contact the IT Service Desk if you have difficulty accessing any other university systems.